Agra is the main excursion and tourist attraction place of India. Agra is the beautiful city, also known as the city of Love or City of Taj due the one of the seven wonder present in Agra or we can say that the most beautiful architecture in the world i.e The Taj Mahal is in Agra. It is also the part of most search package in India i.e Golden Triangle Tour 4 days and Golden Triangle Tour 5 Days, apart from the Agra there are also two more most beautiful and metro city also the part of the most search packages those are Delhi(the capital of India) and Jaipur (the pink city or reflect the Indian culture & royalty).
What became Agra Famous in India?
Below are some reason by which Agra became so much famous
1. Taj Mahal- As we all know about the Taj Mahal- it is one of the seven wonder infect No.1 in seven wonder. Taj Mahal built in 1631-1653 by Mughal Architecture in the memory of Mumtaj Mahal by Shah Jahan, for his true love & tribute to his wife it became the Agra- city of love. Every year Taj Mahal attracts 7-8 million people. Taj Mahal is regarded as one of the best architecture of Mughal Empire.
2. Agra Fort- It is the World heritage monument certified by UNESCO. It is the former residence of Mughal Dynesty. At the end of Shah Jahan ruling period he was prisoner by his own son Aurangzeb. This fort merely described as the city of wall. It was originally known as Badalgarh, held by India ruler Raja Badal Singh(c.1475).
3. Fatehpur-Sikri- it was the capital of Mughal Empire 1571-1585 founded by the Mughal Emperor Akbar in 1569. It is also the World heritage monument certified by UNESCO(United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).Buland Darwaza(Asia’s largest gate) is the entrance of Jama Masjid mosque, nearby the white marble tomb of Salim Chishti. it is also known as baby taj,the tomb of I'timād-ud-Daulah is often regarded as a draft of the Tāj Mahal, it is Often described as a "jewel box".
4. Sikandra-it is the tomb of ‘Akbar The Great’ one of the finest or important architecture of Mughal Empire built in 1605-1613.Akbar was the greatest emperor of Mughal , he planned himself for his tomb after his death at suitable place for him, after his death his son Jhangir completed the tomb, in present it become one of the tourist attraction in Agra. Now government put some gardens and some dear.
5. Dayal Bagh- Daya means Mercy and Bagh means garden so it is the ‘Garden of Merciful’. The colony of Dayal Bagh was founded on the Basant Day (during the first day of spring season) in 1915 by Huzur Sahabji Maharaj.
6. Shopping - best for purchase white marble and carpet , both are handmade things during the time of mughal, a world famous sweet called Petha which is only make in Agra and of course how can we forget about the leather(India’s most buying leather in Agra).
There are some points to describe the Agra famous for and these are some monuments when traveler chooses the Golden triangle tour 4 days or Golden triangle tour 5 days packages. Agra was the former capital of India during Mughal Emperor and these are some reason that attract tourist to come Agra and see the beauty of Agra.